SNOW DAY 2007

Saturday, February 28, 2009

WOW It sure has been...

a very long time since I have posted. A lot has happened since then, that is for sure.

After 14 years of teaching Chemistry & Biology and running the Health Academy, I hung up my teaching hat after I was awarded the position of Asst. Principal of Curriculum & Instruction. When I first heard that our AP was moving on to bigger & better things, I didn't think I would apply, but after about 80 calls, emails, & notes, I thought that I should at least give it a try. After all, it would be a good experience to go up against the other 150 people who were applying for the position. Over 40 current Asst. Principals and 20 Principals applied, so there was no way I would actually get the job. Well three months and 4 interviews later, I had a new office and new responsibilities. WOW what a learning curve!

I have to admit that it is fun. I am technically in charge of the school's Budget, library, textbooks, testing, & college cupboard. If it has to do with this, then I am probably the one responsible for it.

Meanwhile, the girls are still growing. All five of them. Skye, is now 1.5 yrs old and as fiesty as ever (they say that labs are puppies for 3 years - Oh Man!). Regan is 11.5, Ahnika just turned 9 and Kiana is 6.5. All three girls have finished another season of soccer and Ahnika made the All-Star team as a goalie & defender. Kiana would have too, if there was an All-Star team for u8. Ahni's team went to the finals, were they lost to another LM All-Star team. We had a great time with Raul, Tim & Hitesh coaching the team. I love this picture of Kiana because of the way the other team is holding her (and she still managed to get to the ball). Lily had the chance to play soccer for the first time this year as well. She just turned 11 and was on Regan's team, the Speed Demons. She is looking ofrward to playing again next year.
Kiana Ahnika

Regan Lily

We are just starting the Spring seson withthe same 3 coaches. It is set to be another great season with the group of girls and parents that we have. Kiana is also playing on a spring team, tim is coaching that team as well. After finishing her 2nd U12 season, Regan has decided that she no longer wishes to play. She discovered the joys of refing (or at least of getting paid) and has decided that she wants to ref now instead of play.

We have also had the pleasure of going on two cruises. One, an eight day cruz to Puerta Villarta, Mazatlan, & Cabo San Lucas occured during spring break (08) and the other a four day to Ensenada was in August 08. We had a great time on both and can't wait to go agian, of course we realize that we did it backwards and now want to go only on an 8 day or longer voyage.

We are planning on going to Australia to visit Shannon, Trude, and the boys in Aug.09. We are really excited and can't wait to see them again. We really do miss them since they went home last Sept. We got use to having them around after a year of spending so much time with them. We enjoyed many late nights playing Guitar Hero or singing Kareoke. It was also because of them that we enjoyed the second cruise. It was great getting to know them during the year they were in the states.






It was definitely a pleasure to get to know Shannon & Trude and their boys.

I have also read all of the twilight books, which I thought were just fantastic. Regan has also finished the books and has gone to see the movie "Twilight" with me.

Well that is about all I have time for for now. I will try to update more frequently.

No comments: